Saturday 7 November 2015

Brookfield's Core Assumptions

I agree with most of what Brookfield says in chapter two. The first thing I like to do when starting a new class is to introduce myself and have the class introduce themselves to me and their peers. The introduction process allows me to explain my background in the field I am teaching and what is expected from the class. The introduction allow me to gauge prior learning the learner may have and their background in the field. As an instructor I have to keep up to date because the products used in the field are latest technology.
I don't agree with walking out of the classroom.I find most student want to be in the classroom because they have paid for their course and expect to gain knowledge and experience. A few of the students who are there because of some government funding program do not apply themselves as much because they are not as serious. I have taught electrical programs to high school students and find you have to establish authority with the younger adults early in the process or the class can be hijacked by a few students who don't want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment